- Good sized apartment (especially for Japan), clean and well managed.
- Two doors with two dead bolts for each door and intercom for security, not that you will need it.
- Safe neighborhood, close to main market and covered shopping street.
- 10min walk to main shopping street and 15min walk to Gion. Convenient store across the road. Good Ramen 5-10min walk away.
- Karasuma Oike is closest Subway station. Few stops then to Kyoto station.
- Attentive and helpful staff.
- Having a kitchen, laundry, cutlery and crockery is most helpful.
The not so good (but not deal breakers)
- windows are not sealed like a hotel, so can be noisy, especially in the morning and night (up until 11pm), think delivery vans and people coming out of restaurants, not pubs and clubs with bands and music. Still can sleep through if tired.
- WiFi keeps cutting out even after the staff changed the router. TIP - unplug fully, count to ten and replug.
- Curtains are not block out type. Expect the sun to come through at 6am. Ok if you want an early start to the day but if you want to sleep in then I suggest wearing some eye shades.
- A good property, will stay again and recommend.