expedia only gives me 1500 characters here, which is nowhwere nearly enough to describe all that is wrong wit this hotel. i strongly encourage others to read hotel reviews of this hotel and others in bukovel with a HUGE dose of skepticism as many of them are pretty obviously not genuine.
first, the good news about this hotel: the staff were excellent, the wifi worked, and the bed was good.
now the bad, or at much of the bad as i can fit in the remaining characters:
- 36 degrees C, no air conditioning. or perhaps aircon not turned on. inexcusable for a hotel of this quality.
- balcony railings designed very very poorly with large gaps that could very easily allow children to fall to their deaths. so, no air con and can't open the balcony door either if you have children.
- hotel is on the top of a LARGE hill - a strenuous climb in summer, a struggle against death in winter. as far as i can see you cannot ski to it. 25 minute walk on an active road (no sidewalks but plenty of stray dogs) to bukovel's center.
- the whole area is a massive construction zone. they start at 8 am and continue late!
- junior suite is a joke. normal sized room with a heavy extra sofa that they make you lug into position yourself.
- stray dogs and construction workers milling about.
- no lobby to speak of only a tiny reception
- clearly insufficient parking.
- restaurant is closed
- outdoor decor consists of ash trays.