First thing, I’m glad my husband is not reviewing this because it would be worse. I knew what I was getting into by reading some other reviews and had convinced myself that it was a place to sleep while traveling. I didn’t read anything about a bad smell. Our room had a terrible lingering smoke smell. It permeated my husbands cpap machine. It was pretty strong. We got in late so it was very dark. Upon waking, I used the bathroom to see the towel holder broken, the light fixture and ceiling being held together with electrical tape, ants crawling on the floor and wall, and then breakfast which I presume was a giant box of cornflakes at the door. That’s it. Just the box. The microwave latch was broken, and the refrigerator had water on the bottom of it I will say, the bed was comfortable and the sheets were fresh smelling. There’s my positive. The staff that I saw were friendly.