First impressions are lasting impressions, or so they say. The staff and their demeanor couldn't be worse.
1. I don't know what the "white-skin"fetish is for the restaurant staff. There was a (French, I think) group of, maybe, 10 people. The chef comes and talks to them. Good.
2. A waiter comes, drops a couple of menus on my table. says he can't make what I am asking for (all I wanted was what was on their menu, except, two dishes served in the same plate, half-and-half, as I can't eat all of it).
3. I want to have a single malt, and he starts talking to me about how expensive it is.
4. I had to ask to see the manager and yell at him (don't know his name, though). and then he took my order to make all that I asked for the way I wanted them made (good guy!).
5. I was sitting on the deck for dinner, and out of courtesy, asked if I could smoke there. The guy pointed me to the far end of the deck as a "smoking area" and lectured me about how the law requires me to go there and smoke. Fair enough.
6. Except, a few minutes later, the part of the French group sitting at the table next to me is smoking at the table!
The waiters - would bring me food and drinks, but would not even look or smile at me (probably, the manager gave them a piece of his mind). They tried to make up for it with some extra smiles the next morning, but too little too late!
Now the good thing is - It's a great location. Nice rooms. Lovely, quiet and picturesque setting.