Near Clock Tower Gate
Nestled in Cartagena's charming Getsemaní district, Hotel Marlin puts you 5 minutes by car from the beach and a 13-minute drive from Rafael Núñez International Airport. The 16th-century Castillo San Felipe de Barajas fortress and the Clock Tower Gate are a 7-minute walk.
Ancient walls, mud bath
For panoramic views you can take an 8-minute drive to Cartagena's highest point, La Popa, and the Murallas de Cartagena, the Old Town walls, are a 13-minute stroll. If you fancy something a bit different, you can drive an hour for a healing mud bath at the El Totumo volcano.
Free coffee and computer
You can cook yourself a meal and get to know your fellow travelers in the communal kitchen, and a travel desk is available should you be interested in a tour or day trip. Free coffee is on hand around the clock, and you can look up local attractions using the free hotel computer.
Free WiFi, cable TV
The guestrooms are decorated in brightly colored tiles and range from singles to quadruples, with lockers and safes available to keep your bags and valuables. To create a homely vibe, free WiFi and TVs with cable channels are standard in all rooms.
Enter dates to check prices
Hotel Info: 800 1205131from S$32
- Standard Twin Room (with Air Conditioning)
- Triple Room (with fan)
- Quadruple Room (with Air Conditioning)
- Double Room (with fan)
- Single Room (with air)
- Double Room (With Air Conditioning)
At a glance
- This hotel has 24 rooms
- This hotel is arranged over 2 floors
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-out time is 1 PM
Required at check in
- Credit card or cash deposit required
- Government-issued photo ID required
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Travelling with others
- One child (5 years old and younger) stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Children may not be eligible for free breakfast, if one is offered
- Parents must have child’s birth certificate and photo ID *
- No cribs (infant beds)
- No pets or service animals allowed
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Free WiFi in rooms
- No parking
- Resort fee included
Nearby Two Star Cartagena hotels
In the hotel
- 24-hour front desk
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Luggage storage
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
In the room
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Shower only
- 18-inch TV
- Free WiFi
- Daily housekeeping
Top Cartagena hotels
Recently reviewed hotels in Cartagena
- Hotel LM A Luxury Boutique HotelFrom
"Fantastic stay! Javier was such a great host, helping us with our queries. Room was clean and comfortable. I always looked foward to going back to the room to relax after a long…"Jun 14, 2015
- Casa Bustamante Hotel BoutiqueFrom
"Overall, I really enjoyed this little boutique hotel. Nice staff, perfectly fine hotel, lots of charm and a fantastic breakfast. Probably the fastest internet I've had in my 6…"Apr 8, 2014
- Casa María CartagenaFrom
"Best boutique hotel I have stayed. Really homely. Beautiful room. Serene, tranquil surroundings. Great service from both alfredo and magarita. My boyfriend and I was thrilled when…"Jul 4, 2013
Hostal Marlin’s small print
Also known as
- Hostal Marlin
- Hostal Marlin Cartagena
- Hostal Marlin Hostel
- Hostal Marlin Hostel Cartagena
If you are traveling with a child your hotel may require you to present the following documents: Parents traveling into Colombia with a child under 18 may be required to present the child's birth certificate and photo ID (passport for foreign visitors) upon check-in. If a relative or legal guardian is traveling into Colombia with the child, that relative or legal guardian may be required to present a notarized consent of travel signed by both parents and a copy of both parents' ID. If only one parent is traveling into Colombia with the child, that parent may be required to present a notarized consent of travel signed by the other parent. Visitors who plan to travel with children should consult with a Colombian consulate office prior to travel for further guidance.
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
This property does not have elevators.
The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
You’ll be asked to pay the following charges at check in or check out:
- The national sales tax (16%) is charged upon check-out to citizens of Colombia regardless of length of stay and to foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. Foreigners on a tourist visa are exempt from this tax. Furthermore, the tax may apply per room when the room is shared by a taxable and a nontaxable guest.
The charges below are included in the total price displayed:
- Resort fee
Rollaway beds are available for COP 20000 per night
We have included all charges provided to us by this hotel. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.